Monday, May 19, 2014

Mon. May 19

First week of work: Done!

Holy Jeez. Well, it's definitely a physical job. I wore my heart rate monitor for the rest of the week and the lowest reading I got all week after a 10 hour shift was like 1700+. So, that's definitely good. However, my back's been hurting more and I did some additional walking on Wed and Thu and my.. feet.. were.. DONE! Oh man. I think I might have to start soaking my feet a couple times a week. However, if I bike to work, I shouldn't have this problem. And I'd like to start doing that, but it supposed to rain almost all of next week. God damn! But ya, we'll see. As for my back pain, I have ordered an underbust corset that I'll be using for back support and waist training. That should be arriving this week and hopefully will help.

So, on Friday morning, I decided to weigh myself and it appears as though I was up a few pounds. Maybe that's from swollen muscles, maybe crappy eating, maybe a full digestive system (if you know what I mean). So, I'm gonna give it another week and if I don't see any good changes, I think I'm gonna do the 21 day no junk food thing again. And try to up my protein intake to help build and repair my muscles. And so my body will start feeding off my fat stores.

Other than all of that, work's been pretty good. The people are still nice, the not caring about my appearance is great, I think I've adjusted to the early start hour pretty well. It's just the length of my shifts that are a little tedious. I guess I'll get used to those, but we only have 10 hours shifts cuz it's a busy season. Normally they're only 9 hours, but I've heard they can only be a few hours once in a while. Either way, so many more pros than cons and this coming Friday is pay day. Woot woot! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment