Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wed. April 23

Looks like I've found a way to get a different type of exercise this spring/summer.

My dad was cleaning out the garage earlier today and pulled out my bike. I hadn't ridden a bike in years, but I figured I'd ride it to the gym and see if it's something I could get into again. And it definitely is. It seriously cut down on my travel time AND I burned more calories and used a few different muscle groups. Way better than using a stationary bike at the gym.

So, I had my weigh in today and it was about as bad as I thought it be. Can't change the past though. Been trying to be a little better though. I had salads yesterday and today and low-cal soup today as well. Nothing major, but little things are better than nothing. I also had a bunch of my smoothie today and killed it at the gym. Hopefully next week will be better.

One thing I've been thinking about doing lately is seeing if I can go 5 days or a week without meat. Part of me thinks it's a good idea cuz you can totally survive without it. Those weirdo vegans do and they're skinny as hell. On the other hand, your body doesn't store protein, so if you eat too much, it's not gonna make you fat the way carbs do. And you need protein to build muscle, which I am trying to do. Hmm, might have just talked myself outta that idea. Maybe no carbs for those days instead. I've also been wanting to do days where I only have one type of food. Like only oatmeal, or yogurt, or just smoothies and veg. Gonna need to be a day that I don't get together with friends (for food) and where I have work, so I won't be sitting at home, wanting to binge on everything. Or I could make a rule for myself: no cheats 2 days in a row. For that, I'd try to be as good as possible, but if I do have a cheat meal/snack, I can't have a cheat the next day. There has to be at least one day of clean eating between being bad. *sigh* So many get thin quick "schemes". If only I had the balls to put them into action. :/

Anywho, time for bed. Asses and names aren't going to kick and take themselves tomorrow. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment