Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sun. December 2

(Blogging 2 days in a row? Oh em gee! lol)

K, so, I don’t want to use the word epiphany cuz that’s not right, but I had a… thought.

I was at a grocery store last night with a friend and we happened to walk down the pop aisle and it was pretty picked over cuz there was a sale on (2L bottles). There were several bottles of Fresca left and, I have no idea why, I was compelled to look at the nutritional value. And it claimed to have 0 cals per serving. I coulda sworn it would’ve had about the same cals as a Coke or Sprite (maybe less), but I had no idea it was 0 cal. It made me want to buy it and my friend said “go for it”, but I countered with “noooo, but it’s pop”. It even said on the label “zero-calorie soda”.

Now, I haven’t had pop since February ‘11; partly cuz it’s a healthy decision and partly cuz it’s fun to tell people “I don’t drink pop” and have them look at you like you’re crazy. lol. Buuuuut the thought has crossed my mind to drink diet pops again cuz I’ve heard people say you shouldn’t “drink your calories”, but these drinks have next to no cals. So, here are all the points to consider…

- Diet pops have no calories, but is it really worth it if they taste crappy and watered down? I’d almost rather have a Coke with all the flavour and cals than some blah Diet Coke

-In my mind, I consider Fruitopia and Iced Tea pop. I don’t consider Gatorade or juices pop though, even though they have similar cals and sugar levels and I would still drink those beverages (not so much the Gatorade though).

- I’m not really concerned with aspartame or low cal fake sugars cuz I drink Crystal Light (which obviously contains that) and I consider that ok.

So, ya, bit of a personal dilemma. Gonna have to think it over and maybe make Fresca a once in a while thing. I’ll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment