Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sun. February 23

Belated blog. Sorry. Sorry. Let's get right to it.

So, I'll save you some long winded stories and just say that since I've started the 21 day challenge again, I'm down 4lbs. That puts my grand total of weight lost to 16lbs. I'm so proud. And it's been so long since I've seen that number. I'm like 1lb away from getting into a new, lower weight "class". So exciting. :)

My work outs have been going pretty well. I feel like I'm slowing getting stronger and my tighter work out pants are starting to fit a lot better, along with all my other clothes. I've also been trying to do other little exercises during a little free time at home or on the weekends (when I don't make it to the gym). Just some jump squats, simple push ups, and bicycle crunches. I know it's not much but, it's definitely something and every little bit helps.

So, yesterday, I had a huge cheat day. Like, it was super bad. I went to a Marlies game with some friends, so I knew there was gonna be bad food there, but I figured I could just find the healthiest food option I could and have that. I'd had some watermelon for breakfast, so I figured I'd just keep the good food trend going... and that did not happen. When we got there, we got poutine. I got just a plain one, thinking it wouldn't be as bad as if I got bacon or pulled pork on it or whatever. Then ,on the way out, they had these huge garbage bags of unsold popcorn. I happened to walk by a bag that was open, and just stuck my hand in to grab several pieces and started walking away. Well, my friend decided he wanted the whole bag. So, he just picked it up and started walking out. We all started pigging out on it and, after a while, I could tell it was having an effect on me. I was painfully bloated and just felt like crap. After hanging out for a bit, we went to a local Boston pizza to watch the UFC fight and I ended up hvaing 8 slices of a large meat lovers pizza. They were thinner slices, but still.  I knew there were going to be serious repercussions, so I just started drinking a ton of water. I had probably 8 glasses. Maybe a little more. Went pee a few times and started to feel better. In hindsight, I should've just bought my own "healthy" food at the area, not had so much popcorn, and passed on the pizza for a salad. I can't change the past, but I'm hoping next time I know better. I also hope this doesn't have a huge effect on my weight loss efforts. I'm sure it wont. One day won't make or break this, but still. Good thing I have a few days for grease and sugar to clear my system. Either way, I ended the day.

And so, onto today. I woke up just before 6am to get read to go back to that same Boston Pizza to watch the gold medal hockey game. Met up with some of the same people from last night and had another good time. They had a special breakfast menu on, but none of it seemed that appetizing. So, I just started chugging water again. Personally went through at least 2 pitchers, had a few BP mints, and that was it. Ending up going to a pub for "breakfast" at like 11am and had bangers and mash. Probably not the best choice again, but the caesar salad at this place is really crap and I thought I'd give something new a try. After that, came back to my friend's place, napped for a good few hours, had an apple and some of my homemade smoothie, and I'm now sitting here, typing this while feeling achy with a stuffed nose. Perhaps I should just go back to bed and try to drown this sickness with fluids. I'll see. Hopefully I don't stay sick for long cuz it kinda looks like I could possibly make it to the gym like 5 times this week, if I really try. At least 4 for sure.

So, that's everything up to this point. Hoping for some more good numbers this week. Just 1lb away from reaching my February goal and 1 week to do it. Pretty sure I can. Have a good week everyone. :)

P.S. - Go Canada! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment