Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wed. February 26

Well, I did it. :)

3 days left in the month and I was able to reach my goal for February; I got back into the 1X0's. Oh God. It's been so long and I'm so happy. Especially after the crappy weekend I had. This puts me at 17lbs lost total and now means my next mini goal is to get to 20 lost. I guess I can make that my March goal, but I'd like to think I could aim a little higher. However, slow and steady still wins the race.

I'd like to report that the 21 day challenge is going well, but... it's not that it's not, it's just that it could be doing a lot better. As you know, this past weekend was not great, but I was able to recover a bit over Monday and Tuesday and I was doing well today, except that I did split a poutine with a friend at dinner. Between the calories I burned at the gym and all the "better" things I ate today, it's probably not gonna ruin things in the grand scheme of things, but it's obviously a cheat. I'm probably doing worse for those this time around, but I'm really trying not to. Today is almost the half way point, so I have a bunch of time to redeem myself, but I really gotta be better prepared for temptations; both with healthier snacks and knowing what the healthier options are at the restaurants I frequent.

Things at the gym have been going well. I've gone everyday this week and I see no reason for me to not go tomorrow and Friday as well. Even a minor cold/sore throat couldn't keep me away. I know, it's not nice to go out in public when you're sick and risk making other people sick, but I made really good friends with all the hand sanitizer stations. And if I'm sitting at home, in bed, I'm gonna binge. I know it. Also, I've been trying to help shrink my stomach a bit by wearing a waist-training corset at night. Not some store bought thing with plastic boning. A real deal "my ribs are hurting and I can't bend over properly" corset. I'm sure there are findings that prove that this works, and some that prove it doesn't, but it makes me feel better and if I'm not hurting anyone but myself, why not? I'm wearing one as I type this and have it almost completely done up properly (with both halves at the back touching). At the beginning of the year, that would not have happened, so it helps me feel good about the inches I've lost. Speaking of which, I was able to fit into another pair of my old jeans fairly well today. So happy. :)

And one last thing making me happy is that apples and oranges are finally starting to go on sale, along with a few other veggies I can tolerate. Makes me feel like this is all so do-able and I'll be looking super good for my BDay (in April) and bikini season. Oh! And remember those dresses I posted pics of? The "sailor" and "tattoo flash ones"? I tried them on today for kicks and the zippers went up a lot easier and the sailor one may be a smidge too big now. Good thing I sorta know how to sew and take things in. haha

Alrighty, that's all. Gonna try to find a comfortable position to sleep in cuz I gotta kick some more ass and take more names in the morning. :)

The back of my corset. And a lot less back fat. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment