Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fri. January 31

I had an unexpected little surprise this morning.

Again, I decided to weigh myself cuz I was curious if another day of good eating and going to the gym had made a difference and it looked like it did. I was down another 2lbs, putting my total for the month of January at 12lbs lost. That's 40% of the weight I was hoping to lose this year gone already. I know it's still gonna be an uphill battle, but it's encouraging. I know not to expect to lose that much every month, but seeing that much gone already is really good motivation. Another great motivator is the fact that I'm fitting into certain articles of clothing that I haven't been able to wear in a while or, in some cases, ever. And I'm starting to look better in some of the things I already where, including a few of my work out capris, which I bought a touch smaller than I should have months ago, but now they're feeling less tight. So, I'm pretty happy with all of this. And I'm still making my goal for February to be down another 5lbs, which will put me into the XX0's, which I haven't seen in quite a while and am very excited about. : )

So, February is gonna be a pretty interesting month. There's the Olympics and obviously I'm hoping Canada kicks ass, or just wins gold in hockey. I have another AHL hockey game lined up, and I'm going to 2 parties; one for a friend's BDay (a club with $3 drink specials, so I'm gonna get hella wasted) and a friendly acquaintance's Jack and Jill party (which is a Valentine themed masquerade). I'm really excited to go to these with my "new" body. I haven't seen these people in a while so, I don't wanna sound like an egotistical jerk, but I'm hoping for some positive feedback and stuff.
I watched a movie tonight called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and now I wanna go on a juice fast. lol. If you haven't seen this movie, you should. It's really interesting and sort of like the opposite of Super Size Me. I won't bother typing up the whole plot, but I do highly recommend it if you're struggling with weight or general health issues. And I'm not saying everyone should be going juice diets or anything, but maybe something someone says or a small piece of info can help some one out there with their struggles.

And lastly, speaking of struggles, I think I've pretty much decided on how to deal with the whole wanting to eat junk food AND healthfully AND continue lose weight. I'll have weekdays be my "good" days and weekends will be for "cheats". Not major food binges; don't wanna have a ton of vomiting episodes or digestive issues, but maybe just have one bad-ish meal a day, if I really feel like I "need" it. Dunno if I'll be bad starting this weekend, but maybe I'll allow myself one little indulgence. We'll see.

Okie, gonna get to bed now. Everyone have a good weekend. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment