Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sat. July 13

I feel like I always have such good ideas on things to talk about, but I either draw a blank when it comes time to type or I just dunno how to start my thoughts.

Anyway. I feel like sometimes I'm bring really good with my food and other times, pretty bad. And this is in the same day. For example, today, breakfast was Corn Flakes with Splenda. Not bad. Lunch was cucumbers, grapes, and a homemade fruit smoothie. Really good. Dinner was steak and baked potato. Not too terrible. And then I've just been eating gummies and chocolate all night. So bad. And pretty much every day seems to be the same thing. I really dunno when I'm gonna get it together. I see friends and people on tumblr losing weight and looking good and I haven't had any decent results to share in months. Where's the drive that helped me lose 30lbs a few years ago? I'm already half way through my 20's and I'm gonna start popping babies out when I'm 30, so that only leaves me a few years to get and stay in shape before it's all gonna go to hell again. Ugh, why does bad food have to taste so good? Oh, and twice now I've heard that "if fat loss is your main goal, try to avoid fruits cuz they're high in sugar." But then all these fitblrs say that's crap; it's natural sugar and it's fine to eat. But really, I'm sure my fruit consumption is not the problem. It's definitely all the junk food.

Also, I keep meaning to a few exercises on my "rest days" or just days I can't make it to the gym. Like, just a bunch of squats and push ups and maybe some crunches to keep my fitness momentum going and so I don't go for days without working certain muscle groups. I also can't decide if I wanna have a set number to do or try to do more and more everyday. Whatever, I'll figure it out.
And lastly, I traded scales with my friend, but at one point, I had 3 scales in my house and decided to weight myself on each within seconds of each other to see how different the results would be. And they were...

House scale : Original weight
Friend's scale : 1st attempt - 0.6lbs less, 2ns attempt - same as original
My scale : Original plus 1.4lbs

Not a huge difference, but still something to consider.

Well, bedtime for me. I've got a lot of inactivity to get to tomorrow. But I have a bunch of time to be active this week. Really wanna beat my running PR of 2.74miles in 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment