Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sun. July 28

Except for the fact that I sorts feel like I'm gonna throw up, I'm in a pretty good mood right now.

So, I have a few pieces of good news to report...

- Firstly, I was finally able to run for a full 30 mins at 5.7mph. That was on Thursday. And then I was able to make it to the gym for a bit after work on Saturday and I did it again, but that time I was able to go from 5.8 to 6mph in the last 5 mins. And, honestly, if I hadn't been on a bit of a time crunch, I might've just continued on til I had gone a full 5K (approx. 3.1 miles). And that visit to the gym on Saturday meant that I went to the gym 5 times this week. : ) Also, I read a tip about picking a song and just doing squats for the whole duration. So, I did that today, as well as some crunches for another song duration and like 20 push ups just for fun. And some stretches. All in all, it took like 10 mins and is totally something I could/should do like every day.

- Strawberries and blueberries went on sale again. 3/$5. So, I picked up 6 thingies of strawberries and my dad picked up 3 pints of blueberries and said I could have 2. So, I'll be making a big batch of smoothies tomorrow. And a bunch of spinach ice cubes. Basically, you blend a bunch of spinach with a bit of water, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and then throw a couple into protein shakes or smoothies or whatever. I heard about that online and have wanted to try that for a while. I hope it works.

- And finally, I had a consult for laser eye surgery on Thursday. But it wasn't just for standard vision correction; it's because I have Keratoconus in my left eye. Feel free to Google it, but basically it means my cornea is thinning and distorting my vision pretty bad. I was diagnosed 5 years ago, but it's apparently gotten worse, so I decided to see if I was a candidate for having the surgery that would slow the progression and I found out that I am. I also found out that I'm starting to develop it in my right eye, but it's a much milder case. Anyway, now I just need to get the ball rolling and set a date for the surgery. I'm not too worried about it, but it's $2000/eye. At least I can claim it on my taxes.

Well, that's all for now. Really hoping to have another good week workout-wise and maybe even a little weight loss. Fingers crossed. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment