Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wed. July 10

It's been a crazy few days.

For those of you who don't know, my hometown (Mississauga, Ontario) and the surrounding area was hit with a pretty large torrential downpour and lightning storm on Monday. 80% of my town ended up without power and lots of people had flooding in their basements. My house did lose power, but no flooding. However, one of my friends wasn't so lucky. His basement had a few inches of water throughout and he lives in the basement, along with his 2 computers, a few guitars, and a bunch of other stuff. We got what we could off the floor, but couldn't do too much clean up til the power came back,

It came back like 3 hours later and then we got to work. We cleaned up and tried to get rid of water for like 3+ hours before we had to call it a night. I helped a bit more yesterday after work and a lot more today cuz I had the day off. Crazy ass stuff. On the plus side, his mom decided to use this opportunity to purge a bunch of old stuff from the basement, so I ended up with a set of weights, a dozen mugs that match my family's current dishes, some other glassware, a few bottles of booze, and some knitted baby clothes. Score. : )

Anyway, due to the craziness, I haven't really been to the gym or been doing so great with eating, but I feel that moving damp carpets, heavy boxes, and old paint cans is probably a decent workout. And I'll be getting back into the swing of things tomorrow. And I'll be making more smoothies too. Can't wait! Oh, and my friend with the body fat percentage scale has decided to trade scales with me. It's a long story, but I didn't even bring up the idea, so I'm happy about that too. Hopefully this'll mean good things for me. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment