Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sun. July 7

I was going through some old pics last night and got a little inspired to make a positive post.

So, the pic that started this was taken in June '12 and it was of all the weight I could lift on the Hip Adductor(sp?) machine. It was 190lbs. I can now do 265lbs, or maybe a little more, if I'm feeling up to it. I also remember when I couldn't even bench 65lbs when I started and now I'm doing 145lbs. I'm also still fairly proud of doing my first 5K in 31m30s last October and I'm really working on breaking that PR (personal record) this coming October.

I joined my current gym in mid-January '12. Unfortunately, I can't remember how much I weighed at the time, but I'd like to think I'm down a bit since I started. I know I've fluctuated... well, more than a bit, but honestly, except for the obviously high percentage of fat, I feel like I'm a pretty fit person. Like, to look at me, I doubt people would assume I'm strong or have a pretty decent cardio tolerance. Could you imagine if I actually stopped eating crap? I know several years ago, I was able to get down to like 25lbs less than what I am right now. And that was without even trying. So, I know it's possible. Now I just need to discipline to eat well and get it done. I wish I had been keeping a journal then to see exactly what I was doing. Oh well.

Ok, I think that's all for now. Maybe next time I'll have some results to report.

So much smoothie. Mixture of bananas and straw, rasp, and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment