Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tue. July 23

Had a pretty active day today, but more on that in a minute.

My weekend was garbage. I went swimming on Saturday, and that was it. Unfortunately, the overcrowding at Ribfest this weekend meant that the short trip I made on Thursday night was the only time I was able to go. </3 Otherwise, the 4 "proper" meals (see: lots of snacking) I had over Saturday and Sunday, 3 of them were various types of pizza. Ya, not good, and my digestive system was not happy with me either. But we move on...

So, I really wanted to try to "be good" for like a week and see if that would produce some decent results and then I could use that proof/motivation to continue eating well. So, I had stuff like a protein shake, toast, chicken salad, and stuff. I ended up having some chocolate covered almond, but not a lot. Now, I wasn't super up to date on what my weight is/was, but I think I dropped like 3lbs from a few days earlier. Not bad. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

As for workouts, I had yesterday and today off, so I had some decent time to get in a good workout. However, I tried to do my 30min run at 5.7mph and that did not happen. I ended up bouncing between 5.7 and 4.2. I gave it another shot today and ended up bouncing between 5.7 and 5.0. So, it's better, but it looks like this is where that 30min 5K time starts to get hard. I'm sure the pizza could've had something to do with it though. lol. Seriously though, it just felt like my heart couldn't take it, both times. Everything below the waist was fine (including my heel[s] cuz I had just bought insoles to deal with what I believe to be Plantar Fasciitis in my right heel), my lungs were alright-ish, but my heart just didn't seem like it could keep up. Maybe it just got lazy over the weekend. I also tried to do 15 mins on the stair climber today and could only complete 10 cuz I was feeling pretty exhausted and generally unwell. Anyway, on top of my workout, I went swimming in the evening and wore my heart rate monitor cuz I just found out I could. I only burned 395cals in an hour, but it's better than nothing.

And now, it's time for bed. I hope I have the determination to get in some time on the treadmill at home before work. *fingers crossed*

From Sat. Not great, but not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment