Friday, January 17, 2014

Fri. January 17

Little blogging before work.

Ok, firstly, I had my interview yesterday. I think it went really well and it seems like a job I'd actually enjoy. The manager said she's looking to fill the position sooner rather than later and she'd let me know either way. So, fingers crossed. Also, my dress pants were a little looser than I remember, so that's good. lol

After the interview, I went Hot Topic cuz I had some coupons I wanted to use. I picked up 2 dresses, that I probably wouldn't have been able to fit into nicely like a month ago, but they looked pretty good yesterday. And I can't wait to see how they'll look in several more weeks. : )

Then I had yesterday off cuz we were gonna visit an aunt and uncle (who live 8 hours away) but they'd just come back from a vacay in Cuba and were 20 mins down the highway. We tried to convince them to come to Mandarin, but they were both pretty beat, so we just had a quick visit and left. Gonna be honest, I was very torn about Mandarin. Obviously, I wanted to go stuff my face, but I also didn't wanna have this huge cheat meal and ruin some of my progress. There was talk of us (parents and I) going there for lunch  today instead, but that didn't happen and it's probably for the best.

Next, I started getting a cough yesterday morning and I thought it was from screaming at the Leafs game 2 nights ago, but the more I coughed, the more my ears and throat started to hurt and I thought I might actually be getting sick. I wasn't gonna let that stop me from working out in the evening though, so I grabbed some lozenges and Ibuprofen in my way to the game and just pushed myself enough to stay the whole time, but not so much to make my symptoms worse. I'm glad that I went, for many reasons, but mainly cuz as I was changing to leave, a girl came into the change room and told me she'd seen me around a bunch and had really noticed a physical change in me in the last few weeks. I pretty much floated out of the gym after that. lol

And, lastly, this morning, cuz I'm always curious, I decided to weigh myself. Used the bathroom, got naked, and stepped on. The reading came up and I thought I should do it again in case it was a fluke. So, I got on again and gave me the same read out: 3lbs down. Now, I'll take that reading with a grain of salt (figuratively), but if it's true, that's fantastic. The real test will be to see if that reading comes up during my next official weigh-in. We shall see, but I'm optimistic.

Oh, I lied, one more thing. I bought some bags and frozen fruits (strawberries and blueberries) and made myself a smoothie (with added banana) and it was fantastic. New favourite thing. And the smoothie was only 200 cals and huge. Definitely something I'll continue to do. Omg!

Whoa, that turned out a little longer than I expected. Anyway, off to work for me. Wish me luck making good food choices over the weekend.

My new dresses


No comments:

Post a Comment