Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mon. October 1

Ok, time to get get back on track.

So, I did my 5K yesterday and did pretty well. I was on roads as opposed to a treadmill, so there were more inclines than I was used to. After the first few minutes, I was already asking what I'd gotten myself into, but there was no way I was gonna stop, so I just pushed through. 2Ks down: just gotta keep going.. just gotta keep going.. almost to the half way point. 3Ks down: Oh God.. over half way done.. just gotta get to 4Ks.. Oh God.. Oh God. 4Ks: so friggen close.. just gotta push.. gotta push. At this point, there was one last steep-ish incline and I had been jogging/running consistently, but I just had to power walk it. Once I was on level group again, I started running again and things started looking familiar, so I knew I was close. I've heard of people really pushing themselves for the last minute or so and "finishing hard", but that was not an option for me; I kept running, but finishing hard was not an option for me. I was friggen done. However, my time was 31:30 which I was a little surprised by and proud of, but then I started thinking if I had running a little faster during the downhill portions and not slowed down to power walk, I might have actually been under 30 mins. Oh well, guess it gives me something to strive for next time. The only other 5K/8K run I know of left this year is being put on by GoodLife on October 27th, but that's my dad's BDay and I'll probably be on my way to Massachusetts that day. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for local ones next year.

Anyway, now that the run is over, my next "thing" to be fit for is Halloween. So, I'm really gonna try to be good this month; more salads, little to no fried foods, more consistent work outs. Here's hoping I can be down maybe a dress size by the end of the month. We'll see.

Also, I just switched cell providers and I now have unlimited data on my phone, I'm hoping this'll make it easier to make random and more consistent posts, but I tried logging into blogspot and tumblr and was having some difficulty, so I'll need to try and figure this all out.

So, that's it for me for now. Gonna try to get a bit of sleep before Jack wakes up (I'm on baby duty tonight, lol). :)

Me, before the 5K, showing off my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment