Monday, October 8, 2012

Sun. October 7

I feel like about 50% of the "quick tips" you hear about to lose weight don't really apply to me.

One of the ones I hear a lot is to cut back on pop (even if it's diet). I haven't had pop since Feb of '11. Now, when I gave it up, I'd definitely say it helped drop some pounds; not sure exactly how many, but I know it did. Another one I hear is to try to cut back on alcoholic drinks. I rarely go out drinking. Like it's usually just a handful of friend's BDays every year (mine included), not clubbing once or twice a week, every week. So, the best I could do there is just try to cut back or make all my drinks doubles to cut down on sugary mixers. And the last big one I hear is to cut back on caffeine. I don't drink pop, I don't drink coffee, I don't drink tea. So, again, not an option. Now, I'm not complaining that I already don't do all these things so how come I'm not thin? I know that some of the food I eat is still pretty crappy, I just wish there was a list of tips for us... less normal consumers? (For lack of a better description)

A couple other tips I could probably touch on are being told to get more sleep (which I already do) and trying to walk more. I already walk most places. Unless I'm going downtown or something, I don't really take the bus. I walk to work, to the mall and spend about 8 hours a day on my feet at work. Again not complaining, just stating how some of these tips aren't helpful as they don't apply to some of us.

Now, having said all that, I've been thinking of slowly cutting back on some food as the month progresses and seeing if I notice any differences in any aspects. Like, maybe from here on out, no fried anything? Then a week later, cut back the carbs and then after that, strictly chicken caesars when I dine out? This is all obviously simple shit to figure out, but it's also easier said than done. Just gotta bite the bullet and get it done.

Push ups:60
Crunches: 200
Plank: 1:01:75

The dessert options we had for Thanksgiving dinner. I had a little of each. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment