Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thu. October 18

Whoa. Did not realize it had been a week since my last post. Sorry.

Anyway, good-ish news to report. I really tried to watch what I ate on Tuesday and had a pretty good work out after work and on Wednesday morning, I was down like 3lbs, which put me at the lowest I've been in a while. So, I decided to again be careful to eat only good things and went to the gym for an hour after work yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and there had been no change. I guess I should be happy I didn't gain, but even a minimal weight loss would've been nice. I've been pretty exhausted the last couple nights I've gone to the gym, so I'm kinda considering not going tonight, but I probably should. If I could just drop like 0.4lbs today, I'd be satisfied. I'll see how me and my feet feel though.

The next couple fitness challenges that I know of (and want to participate in) are the CN Tower climb in April and the Mississauga Marathon in May. Now, I'm no where near being ready to do a marathon, but I am thinking about doing the 10K option. I have like half a year to prepare for those, so I think it's doable. I've discovered the "speed interval" setting on the treadmills at the gym and have used it the last few times I've gone. Just for those that don't know, you pick 2 different speeds to walk/jog/run at and then push a button to switch between the 2 for bursts of speed; both for working on endurance, speed and increasing your heart rate for better calorie burning. I've also started using the stair master. The first time I used it (this week) I had just given blood and could only do about 4 mins before I got the "something doesn't feel right" feeling and had to stop. The next time I did it, I got the same feeling at the 4 minute mark, but just pushed through it and finished my 10 mins. Last night, I did another 10 and was able to do like 39 floors. The CN Tower has 114 (1776 steps), so still got a ways to go, but I'll get there.

Um, I think that's all to report right now. I'm going to a Marlies game on Saturday, which I'm excited for and then Wonderland on Sunday and then next weekend, we're off to Boston and Salem for a couple days. Fun fun. :)

I am the master of balance. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment