Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tue. July 10

- Oatmeal w/raisins
- 3 low cal, homemade applesauce oatmeal cookies
- Small date square
- 400 mL can of organic lentil soup
- Crystal Light in water
- About 3 cups of broccoli
- Small piece of grilled chicken w/a little BBQ sauce
- Large homemade fruit smoothie
- McDouble w/3 patties, ketchup, crispy onions, lettuce and cheese (McD's)
- About 8 chicken bites (McD's)

I did some serious calorie counting today, but I'll get to that in a minute. Ever have one of those days where you don't realize how tired you are, but your body knows and forces you to make up for it? Ya, I had that today. I fell asleep shortly after 3am (not out of the norm for me), was awake for maybe about 30 mins at like 6:20 (going back to my house from spending the night at a friend's place) and then I had my alarm set for 11. I was gonna head to the gym and make use of the extra hour I had before work today (I was scheduled to start at 5 instead of 4), but my alarm went off and I hit snooze, and then hit it again when it went off 5 mins later, and again, and again. I finally said "F it" and just dismissed and decided I'd let myself sleep til my body wanted to wake up. The next time I looked at  my phone, it was just after 12. I was still a little sleepy, so I told myself I'd pass out one more time and then stay awake the next time I woke up. So, I did just that and the next time I looked at my phone, it was 1:09pm. lol. At this point, the gym wasn't really an option, so I just spent my free time before work cooking and doing a little minor meal planning.

Anyway, to the calorie counting. I won't start listing stuff off, but I was a lot more conscious about what I was eating today. I made a double recipe of those applesauce oatmeal cookies I mentioned a few posts ago. I also decided to figure out how many calories my variation had and it looks like it came out to 33 cals. Not bad. :) Also, the broccoli I made was frozen and the bag said 25 cals per 2/3 cup. So, between those 2 food items, I only consumed about 200-ish cals. Obviously, the McD's was not planned, but nobody's perfect. I was also gonna go for a little run around my complex after work, but I got out much later than expected and my feet were kinda hurting. I know, really lame excuses, but tomorrow, I'm either gonna go swimming or to the gym after work tomorrow. And then gym before work on Thursday and then I have Friday off, so more time for the gym.

So, I hope to do well again tomorrow. Already thinking about what I should eat for tomorrow. I'm a little excited. lol

That's my smoothie before I blended it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment